A few small business / personal things I’ve learnt over the past few days:
- Don’t have a beer at lunchtime. You won’t get anything done in the afternoon, even if you try.
- Things always take longer than you’d expect to get done.
- Your best work should only ever be your latest work.
- Never compromise.
- Lying is a linguistic tool, much like lists of three or alliteration, and should be used as such. But be very careful.
- Reality distortion fields do exist, and you can use them to your advantage.
- If you’re not focusing at your desk, stop trying. Sit in a café, or in a park, or on a bridge, or something.
- Never take up an offer, no matter how generous, if you’ve even the slightest reservation or feeling that you may be being rude.
- Get a mentor.
- This isn’t the worst day of your life. It’s the best day of your life with the most challenges.